How to make Ginger Candy :-
2) Peel 1 lb. (.45 kg) of fresh ginger root and slice the root into 1/8 inch (.3 cm) slices.
3) Put the root slices into a medium sauce pan and add enough cold water to cover the slices.
4) Cover the pan with a lid and cook over medium heat for approximately 35 minutes or until the ginger root is tender.
5) Drain the root through a colander and return to the sauce pan.
6) Add 4 cups (946 ml) of sugar and 4 cups (946 ml) of water to the pan with the ginger. Add a pinch of salt.
7) Cook the ginger over medium heat until the ginger reaches 225 degrees F (106 degrees C) with a candy thermometer.
8) Remove the ginger slices from the sugary syrup.
9) Coat the slices in sugar and place them on your prepared wire rack.
10) Allow the sugared ginger slices to dry overnight.
11) Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
For Answers to Further Questions Click Here
Follow me on :-