1. Relieves Diarrhea & Dysentery: Astringents, in guava, are alkaline in nature and have disinfectant and anti-bacterial properties, inhibiting microbial growth and removing extra mucus from the intestines. Other nutrients such as vitamin-C, Carotenoids and potassium, strengthen and tone the digestive system.
2. Eye Care: Vitamin A or Retinol slows down the appearance of cataracts, macular degeneration, and prevents degradation of eyesight and night blindness.
3. Brain Health: Guavas contain Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6 (niacin and pyridoxine), which helps in improving blood circulation to the brain, relaxing your nerves and stimulating cognitive function.
4. Regulates thyroid: Guavas contain the trace element Copper which regulates thyroid metabolism, helping to control hormone production and absorption.
5. Diabetics cure: Rich in fibre and with a low glycaemic index, guavas, help to regulate the absorption of sugar by the body and can be consumed for prevention and cure of Type 2 diabetes.
6. Effective Laxative: Constipation is caused when food is stuck in our colon. Guava, super rich in fibre, aids the body in retaining water and thoroughly cleaning your intestines and excretory system.
7. Nervous Relaxant: Guava is rich in magnesium which acts as a nervous relaxant. It helps to relax muscles and nerves of the body.
8. For pregnant mothers: Guavas contain Folic acid, or Vitamin B-9, which is recommended for pregnant mothers since it can help in developing the foetus’s nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders.
9. For Fertility: Guavas contain good amount of Folate which help promote fertility in humans.
10. Speeds Absorption: Being rich in Manganese, Guavas help the body in quick absorption of key nutrients like biotin, vitamins, minerals from the food that we eat.
11. Immunity Booster: Vitamin C provides a huge boost in antioxidants, which are the major lines of defense against the proliferation of free radicals in the body.
12. Infection Control: Relieves coughs and colds by reducing mucus, disinfecting the respiratory tract, throat and lungs, and inhibiting microbial activity with its astringent properties.
13. Aids Weight loss: Guava is very rich in vitamins, proteins, fibre and minerals and has no cholesterol and a very low number of digestible carbohydrates.
14. Cancer Cure: Being rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants like Lycopene, eating guavas can protect your cells from damage and reduce chances of prostate, breast, and oral cancers.
15. Skin Care: Vitamins, minerals and nutrients, in conjunction with Guava’s astringent property, help keep your skin toned, hydrated, improves elasticity, removes blemishes, acne, dark spots, blackheads, wrinkles and pimples.
16. Scurvy Buster: A deficiency of vitamin-C can cause scurvy, and proper intake of super vitamin-C rich guavas are the best remedy for this dangerous disease.
17. Anti-aging: Guavas are rich in Vitamin A, B, C and potassium which are good antioxidants and detoxifiers. Lycopene and carotene protect the healthy cells from toxins and UV rays rendering your skin wrinkles free.
18. Blood pressure Stabilizer: Potassium in Guava helps reduce cholesterol in the blood and prevents it from thickening, thereby maintaining the fluidity of blood and reducing blood pressure.
19. Combats Hair Loss: Rich in vitamin C, guava helps promote healthy hair growth. It also helps in combating hair loss problems.
20. Oral Care: The juice of guava leaves has been known to cure toothaches, swollen gums & oral ulcers, and the juice speeds up the healing process of wounds when applied externally.
For Answers to Further Questions Click Here
Follow Us on :-
Facebook :- goo.gl/VSq6tH
1. Carrots are rich in Beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant which helps in maintaining a healthy skin and also keep one away from many diseases. 2. Carrots are rich in alkaline elements which purify and revitalize the blood. 3. They balance the acid alkaline ratio in the body. 4. Carrots have Potassium in it which helps to balance the high levels of sodium associated with hypertension and keeps blood pressure under control. 5. The high soluble fibre content in carrot, it reduces cholesterol by binding LDL, the bad cholesterol, and also increases the HDL which helps in reducing blood clots and heart diseases. 6. Carrots are great for dental health as they kill harmful germs in the mouth and prevent tooth decay. 7. Carrots aid digestion by increasing saliva and supplying the minerals, vitamins and enzymes required for it. 8. Regular consumption of carrots helps in preventing gastric ulcers and digestive disorders. 9. Raw carrots are used as a home remedy for treating worms in children. 10. Raw or grated carrots can be used for wounds, cuts and inflammation. 11. Carrots are rich in Carotenoids which are beneficial to blood sugar regulation. 12. Carrots contain a phyto-nutrient called falcarinol which helps in promoting colon health and a reducing the risk of cancers. 13. Consuming carrots regularly are known to improve the quality of breast milk in mothers. 14. It also helps in increasing the menstrual flow. 15. Consuming Carrots regularly can improve the appearance of skin, hair, nails etc and also improve eyes health. For Answers to Further Questions Click Here Follow Us on :- Facebook :- goo.gl/VSq6tH Twitter :- goo.gl/T17vjX Linkedin :- goo.gl/tdefsM Google + :- goo.gl/6jueph
An average adult needs about 7-8 hours of sleep per day, children need about 9-11 hours based on the age and activity. Close to 1/3rd of our life is spent in sleep and most of growth and bodily functions take place while we are asleep. Yet, most of us take it as an after thought or something that doesnt need any attention. We couldn’t be further from the truth. Close to 50 Million people in US alone suffer from some kind of Sleep disorder or sleep apnea, which basically involves not just the quantity of sleep but the quality as well. Nearly 30% of US population has suffered from insomnia in last 2 years. While, you should try and make changes to your lifestyle to be able to get the necessary bed time, below are 5 simple ways you can improve the overall quality of your sleep.
- Avoid Caffeine (Coffee, Alcohol, Tea, etc) 90 minutes before the bed time. Caffeine is known to stimulate adrenal glands, which are responsible for making your mind and body extra active, which is absolutely not what you need to feel sleepy.
- Avoid Digital Screens like TV or your computers, just before going to sleep. Bright visual images from LCD and LED screens leave unwanted and unnecessary data stimulation for your brain to process and waste time on. A Good movie or a TV show can be very stimulating and enriching but dont mix it up with your sleep. Get over with it, with at least 20 minutes before you hit the bed.
- Avoid working from your Bed. You and everyone of us understand the importance of work, but keep it away from bed at all costs. Just like how bad it is to fall asleep on your desk at workplace, bringing your work on your bed is equally bad, if not worse. Maintain the Sanctity of your bed.
- Invest in a comfortable bed / mattress. Comfort doesnt necessarily mean expensive. Just a moderately firm yet soft mattress that your body can adjust to is good enough. You spend 1/3rd of your life on the bed. Why not give it the importance it deserves. Nothing can be worse than fighting with the old, uneven, tattered mattress. Believe me, you cant win ever.
- Exercise. Yeah for those who don’t do it regularly, this can come as not-so-easy option. But it is extremely beneficial and very effective. Yoga has shown to have tremendous impact on people suffering from insomnia. When your body is tired, it will fend of all the signals and games that mind wants to play and force it to shut down, just what doctor orders for a good sleep.
- Meditation. It doesnt need to be the ultimate life calling or following any spiritual visions. It could just be sitting idle and relaxed. Mindful and aware for a few minutes in a day. Gradually training your mind to be passive, which means being aware but non-participating in thoughts, you can gain tremendously in the department of controlling your anxiety and stress. Those two being the biggest contributors of sleep related problems.
Try out these and tell us what you think and your experiences.
For Answers to Further Questions Click Here
Follow Us on :-
Facebook :- goo.gl/VSq6tH
Garlic is earth’s gift to us. This natural ingredient has so many health benefits for healthy living. Herbalists and naturopaths consider it a miracle herb. With so many studies involving garlic, it has continuously proven its ability to cure a variety of health problems.
Because of the components in this herb, when consumed, it can help the body fight off many illnesses. What does it contain? It has nutrients like enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and natural sugar. Self-Nutrition Data (nutritiondata.self.com) indicates that 3 cloves of garlic provide around 5% of the daily required intake of vitamin C and 6% of Vitamin B-6. Garlic also has lower amounts of other vitamins including pantothenic acid, and folic acid (Livestrong).
Garlic is also has natural antibiotic properties. The sulphur compounds found in garlic is what gives this herb its pungent smell. There can be no denying garlic has medicinal uses.
Health Benefits of Garlic
1. Antiseptic for its antibacterial properties; helping cure wounds and fight off infection
2. Fights inflammation
3. Research in China reports eating the herb regularly helps prevent certain cancers
4. Can lower blood pressure and prevent cardiovascular problems
5. Increases high-density lipo-proteins in the body.
6. Reduces bad cholesterol
7. Thins the blood, reducing risk of blood clotting
8. Improves blood circulation
9. Boosts immune system to fight disease
10.Prevents and relieves chronic bronchitis and catarrh
11. Acts as an expectorant for cough and a nasal decongestant
12. Cleans the digestive system of internal parasites
13. Helps to cure flatulence and is an internal antiseptic
It is possible that one could not realize the many health benefits in garlic. So many of us just include it in the foods we cook for flavor and smell.
Now that you know the health benefits, it is a must that you include this herb in all the dishes you cook. It is very inexpensive and the benefits are immense.
Follow Us on :-